ARQ Homes are members of the The Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme. We adhere to their guidelines given for an In-house Complaints Handling procedure.

Stage 1
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to the member of staff who dealt with you, or their manager, so that he or she has a chance to put things right. In your letter you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you as a result, and the remedy you are seeking.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt. You should get a response within 15 working days. If you are unsure which member of staff to write to, your complaint should be sent to the Office Manager. A senior member of staff or a designated complaint handler not directly involved in the transaction will be assigned to investigate and reply to the concern.

Stage 2
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint then you can write and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. On the stage 2 complaint, ARQ Homes will instruct another member of staff not directly involved in the transaction to review the Stage 1 process. ARQ Homes will then be duty-bound to offer a review within 15 workings days.
A conclusion of the investigation and a written statement expressing our final view will be sent to the complainant.
We aim to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative.
If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.

Final Stage
If you are not satisfied with the final reply, then you have the option of pursuing the matter further:
We belong to the following Property Ombudsman Scheme and you can seek redress by contacting the scheme at: Property Ombudsman Complaints Form